Join This Experience!
Let’s Cruise to Brazil!
Join us on a cruise to Brazil, the 7th wonder of the world!
We’ll start our amazing journey from Rio De Janerio on an 8 day/7 night cruise to Brazil, Uruguay and Argentina. Start your journey to Buenos Aires with an overnight stay in Rio de Janeiro. It’s Saturday night in Rio, are you ready for all the excitement the city’s nightlife has to offer? After a good breakfast, continue on your in-depth tour of the “Terra dos Papagaios” or “Land of Parrots” as Brazil is also known, with 3 more ports along the coast including Buzios, Ilha Grande and Santos. From endless beaches, to the Museu do Café — a museum with impressive architecture and exhibits focusing on everything coffee — you’ll experience Brazil like never before.
Ship sails from Rio De Janiero on December 11, 2022 and returns to Buenos Aires, Argentina on December 18, 2022.
Don’t miss out on our soon to be announced PRE/POST cruise options!
Early booking bonus ALERT!!!
Book by January 30, 2021 and receive the following:
BUY 1 GET FREE AIRFARE from your departure port in Rio De Janerio!! You DO NOT have to be flying from the same place as your stateroom mate.
Would you like to download and save this itinerary for later?
Download this featured package PDF brochure and start your planning offline.
Please enter your email address and click the button below to get itinerary sent directly to your email address.
How to Use this Booking Page
- Select the Book Now to start the Booking Process
- Room categories , Pricing and additional stay options may be found under the Extra Services tab.
- Review and select your room type via the ‘Extra Services’ tab on the right side of the page
- Be sure to only select your cabin type of choice and zero out unnecessary items.
- Keep in mind, pricing is based on double occupancy with a maximum of 2 Adults PER cabin for inside cabins or 3-4 Adults Balcony.
- An updated invoice will be provided by email and we’ll follow up to confirm your rooming options.
- Travel Insurance is available and listed under the Extra Services tab.
Note: Please contact us at 301.822.2911 if you require dates prior to November 4, 2021 as the system will not allow.
- 8 days, 7 nights accommodations (Inside or Balcony stateroom,, Suites available upon request)
- Shore excursion credit up to $50 PER DAY , PER CABIN. Not redeemable for cash
- Taxes & Port Fees
- Daily & Nightly Entertainment
- Meals and non-alcoholic/non-caronated beverages
- Meals in two main dining rooms and at Ginza Asian Restaurant, O'Sheehan's bar and grill, the Garden Cafe buffet and Topsiders Grill; also Continental breakfast room service
- Main theater production shows and live music in various venues
- Most onboard activities, except as noted
- Use of the fitness center (excluding most classes and training sessions)
- Use of the sports deck and golf driving nets
- Splash Academy kids club
What's IS NOT Included?
- Hotels in Rio de Janeiro (will be added at later date)
- Hotels in Buenos Aires, Argentina (will be added at later date)
- Transfers to/from cruise port
- Daily service fee of $15 per person, per day for those in standard staterooms or $18 per person, per day, for anyone in The Haven, Concierge-level cabins and all suites
- Drinks, except water, tea, coffee and select juices from the buffet
- Gratuities of 20 percent on beverage, spa and salon purchases
- Room service fee of $9.95 (waived for suites and continental breakfast orders)
- Most specialty dining, on an a la carte basis, plus 20 percent service charge
- Spa and salon services, plus access to the spa's Thermal Suite
- Entrance to the outdoor, adults-only Spice H2O
- Most fitness center classes
- Select daily activities including bingo, alcohol tastings,bingo, and games like Deal or No Deal
- After-hours kids supervision programs at the Splash Academy
- Internet access and packages
- Photos taken by shipboard photographers, artwork from the art gallery
- Shore excursions
- Personal expenses
- Portage Fees and Gratuties
- Carbonated and Alcoholic beverages
- Round-trip airfare to International Cruise Port
- Vacation protection insurance (Highly Recommended)
All guest should arrive in Rio De Janerio prior to 1 PM for embarkment day. This is the day you will have to check in and board the ship.
Christ the Redeemer, one of the modern Seven Wonders of the World, stands atop the Corcovado peak. Survey the city from a platform below the 125-foot statue or hop on a cable car to the top of Sugarloaf Mountain and get a different perspective of Rio and the Christ. Feel a rush to your senses from the awesome activity on world-famous beaches Ipanema and Copacabana. If the quiet side of Rio is what you seek, a visit to the lush botanical garden – home to some 8,000 species – will delight you.
Enjoy a 2nd day in Rio before sailing on our wonderful South America Experience. Tours will be added prior to sailing.
Buzios is a land of beaches, with more than 20 in all. Just within walking distance of the tender pier lie the Praia de Armação and the Praia dos Ossos beaches. But if you prefer something a bit more private, head to Praia Tucuns or the Praia dos Amores (“Beach of Love”), popular with romantic couples. A “must” for any visitor to Buzios is a stroll along the mile-long Rua das Pedras, named for its beautiful stones. Lined with shops and restaurants, it’s right on the ocean and a great place to enjoy refreshments and to people-watch.
Brazil’s third largest island, famed for its tropical scenery and gorgeous beaches, has an unusual history. It was once a leper colony and later a prison. Today the entire island is a protected area and is home to a tiny beachfront town, Vila do Abraão, where cars are banned. With fine-grain sand and clear turquoise waters, the two-mile-long Lopes Mendes Beach is virtually a postcard. Another picture-album sight is Abraão Cove, considered the most beautiful bay on the island.
Located on the island of São Vicente and extending onto the mainland, Santos was built on the wealth of the region’s famous high-quality coffee. You can sample some of the beans yourself at one of the numerous local cafes and restaurants while exploring the city’s historic sites and cultural attractions. Head to one of the region’s expansive beaches to soak in relaxation and ocean vistas, or splash around a stunning coral reef with tropical fish and sea turtles at Parque Estadual Marinho da Laje de Santos (Marine State Park of Santos).
Take this time to relax and enjoy the amenities of the ship. We’ll also have planned activities for you to partipate in.
The Saint-Tropez of Latin America is a favorite summer playground of southernmost South America. Sail the calmer waters or lounge on the beach along a 20-mile shoreline. And witness the big waves breaking at la Brava.
See this South American city which boasts vast cultural offerings, fine foods, and quaint cafes. The city that never sleeps lives up to its name with an exciting pulse of energetic people. Visit La Boca, birthplace of Tango. Explore more of Buenos Aries on a South America cruise!
anal park, and discover native wildlife while soaking up different vantage points of the world-famous falls.
Freestyle Dining Options
Free Dining Experiences
The Garden Cafe (Deck 12): The ship’s buffet/cafeteria restaurant serving the usual breakfast and lunch fare, casual dinners, and light snacks the rest of the day and night. Omelet and waffle stations are available for breakfast, and at lunchtime, the port side becomes a vegetarian station, with fresh salads, steamed vegetables, and a variety of freshly prepared dishes.
Fee based Dining Experiences (Choose 2 as add-on for fraction of the cost at checkout)
La Cucina (Deck 6); a la carte: Italian eatery serving all the usual pasta and pizza favorites.
Moderno Churrascaria (Deck 13, midships); $24.95: Moderno Churrascaria, a Brazilian steakhouse, takes up pretty well all the space where the Star Bar once was. The décor is neutral and restrained, and there is lots of space between tables to allow for a private dinner. A small area is given over to the Sugarcane Mojito Bar.
Cagney’s Steakhouse (Deck 13); a la carte: Cagney’s Steakhouse eatery is located at the top of the ship and replicates a typical high-end steak-and-chop house, with white linens and a clubby feel.
Teppanyaki (Deck 7); $29.95: The ship’s Japanese hibachi joint.
Room service offers sandwiches, salads, drinks a few hot items and such 24 hours a day, for a $9.95 fee per order; morning coffee and Continental breakfast remain free. Suite and Haven passengers do not pay a room service fee.
Select Your Stateroom to Fit your Needs - additional options available upon written request
Inside Staterooms are the most affordable way for you to cruise. With room for up to four, you’ll have two lower beds that convert into a queen-size bed and some with additional bedding to accommodate up to two more guests.
Note: We recommend no more than 2 adults per inside stateroom.
- Accommodates: 4
- Total Approx. Size: 142 sq. ft.
DECK(S)4, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
With room for up to three guests, Norwegian Star Balcony Staterooms have two lower beds that convert into a queen-size bed and some feature additional bedding to accommodate one more. Along with a sitting area, floor-to-ceiling glass doors and a private balcony with an amazing view. Plus some can connect so you can spread out yet stay together.
- Accommodates: 2-3
- Total Approx. Size: 203-303 sq. ft.
- Balcony Size: 37-56 sq. ft.
DECK(S)8, 9, 10, 11
LOCATIONFORWARD, MID, AFT
Stateroom images, square footage, and configurations are representative only.
- $200/person NON-REFUNDABLE, NON-TRANSFERABLE deposit due at time of booking
- Monthly payments due by 15th of each month (minimum $100/person)
- Final payments are due August 5, 2022 by COB.
- No extensions will be granted. All funds will be forfeited if not paid by the final due date.
- Deposits are NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE.
- All unsold staterooms will be released.
We offer flexible payment options to ensure a stress-free experience!
How it Works:
- The minimum payment required to secure your spot will show up at checkout when booking online or you can also pay over the phone if you’re working directly with one of our Travel Specialists.
- You can make follow-up payments in any amounts, using any credit or debit cards, at any time you wish! There are no auto-payment options as we don’t store credit card details for security purposes.
- From your online customer account, you’ll be able to make follow-up payments as well as view your remaining balance and payment history.
- You can choose to make small payments leading up to the final due date, or simply pay off the balance at one time.
- There are no additional fees or interest added for not paying in full as long as the required deposit amount is paid at time of booking, and the final payment is made by the due date.
- After making full payment, you’ll receive your travel documents!
Cruise Protection Coverage
Norwegian’s BookSafe Travel Protection Plan is available to all U.S. and Canadian residents who are part of the group. Payment must be made prior to commencement the of cancellation fee period. Be sure to select the applicable coverage at checkout.
- Inside/Oceanview $99.00/person
- Balcony $119.00/person
Vacation Protection Plan premiums are NON-REFUNDABLE, NON-TRANSFERRABLE.
Frequently Asked QuestionsExpand/Close
ALL cruisers should have a valid US Passport for entry. A visa is not required when travelling as a tourist from Canada or the United States for up to 90 days.
The official language of Brazil is Portuguese, with a variety of different dialects that can be heard throughout the country. Portuguese is the main language spoken in more rural areas.
Some English is spoken in more touristy areas but is not widely spoken by residents, especially outside major cities.
The currency used throughout is the Brazilian real. US dollars are accepted in most places.
Credit cards are accepted in well established businesses although smaller shops may only accept cash. ATMs are common in larger cities, with smaller towns maybe only having one or two.
The deposit is non-refundable at any time after the booking is made. All cancellations that occur prior to the final payment due date will receive a non-refundable and non-transferable future cruise credit in US dollars in the amount of the deposit less a $1o0 USD per person service fee.
The plan includes coverage for Sickness Medical Expenses that you may incur as a result of treatment. This includes,
but is not limited to, prescriptions, doctor’s visits, hospitalization, and necessary transportation. Additionally, the plan
includes coverage for an Emergency Evacuation, should it be deemed medically necessary by your Treating Physician.
Daytime:Casual, casual, casual.
Evening: There is one voluntary formal night for those who want to dress up, but most choose to leave their jewels and tuxes at home. The fancier restaurants (Le Bistro, Cagney’s) do lend themselves to cocktail attire, but the other dining spots only require resort casual.
Not permitted: No shorts, swimsuits or tank tops are allowed in the restaurants after 5 p.m.